Seedstars World, the global seed-stage startup competition for emerging markets and fast-growing startup scenes, is returning to Rwanda on December 6th, to scout for the best entrepreneurs in technology.
The Rwanda competition will be carried out with the support of local lead partner, Rwanda Online and local ambassador Aphrodice Mutangana, who is representing the initiative throughout the year. Further support is provided by regional partners Microsoft4Afrika and Intel. Other supporters include Lionesses of Africa Brussels Airline, amongst others.
In order to provide local entrepreneurs with this opportunity and aiming to deliver the best possible event, Seedstars World is closely working with kLabs, who is representing the initiative throughout the year. “We are so happy to welcome Seedstars World community/family in the country of thousand hills and million smiles. Host seedstars Africa means a lot to us as Rwanda has been a focal point and home of startups,” says APHRODICE Mutangana, General manager chez at kLab.
In line with its mission to place the spotlight on entrepreneurs from emerging markets, Seedstars World is travelling to more than 65 countries this year to identify the best seed-stage entrepreneurs and provide them with an opportunity to win up to USD 1 million, with the main prize being a 500.000 USD equity investment prize.
“Rwanda is the success story of our continent. In the past few years only, there has been measurable advancements in integrating technology with the day to day life of Rwandans. We have heard so much about the bustling startup ecosystem in Rwanda and we are now here to witness the reality,” explains Selam Kebede, Associate at Seedstars world.
The startups that have been selected to pitch are:
- Steadybits: A chat software that allows for streaming of videos and sounds during chat, so that both party can watch at same time together and discuss.
- Blue Innovation Ltd: helps decision makers to rely on informed and accurate data through monitoring and evaluation.
- Mobicash: is a digital payment platform at the same time a digital bank.
- Dope Apps: ride on is a platform which enable its users to plan their journey ahead and it provides transport information on the ride and the passenger.
- UPlus Mutual Partners : a web and mobile app that will assist customers to save in groups and also borrow money based on group trust worthiness.
- QuickRide: is a custom dispatch and fleet management solutions for large and small scale companies.
- Gawana: is a mobile application that allows travelers with cars to offer rides between East African cities.
- GO: Empowers the smallholder farmer to boost harvest and assist in growing financially.
- VugaPay: fast and safer way to send and receive mobile money payments online without sharing your financial information.
- Kasha: sells and delivers women’s health products confidentially through a widely accessible retail platform
- MindSky :enables high-potential, underbanked Africans to advance their careers & receive low interest loans based on their earning potential.
- Raisins Ltd: We produce economical and affordable lamp with leading technologies that use 1Watt,
In addition, the event is carried out with the support of regional partners Intel and Microsoft and local and international supporters Brussels Airline, Klabs, Rwanda Online and Lionesses of Africa.
The event will be held at the Rwanda Online the 6th of December. Attendees can register for free here.