Curry is enjoyed all over South Africa and there are so many different versions. Hope you enjoy this African recipe, mostly cooked in South Africa.
- 2 tablespoons groundnut oil.
- 600 grams’ stewing steak, cut into 1.5 cm cubes.
- ½ large onion, finely cored and chopped.
- ½ teaspoon salt.
- 1 teaspoon Cape Curry powder.
- 1 scotch bonnet chilli, pounded to taste.
Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the meat cubes. Fry on each side until they are evenly browned. Then add the onion, tomatoes and the chilli paste. Cook over high heat until the tomatoes soften then add the salt and curry powder and simmer until the meat is tender.
Accompanied by a bowl of chilli flakes serve on a bed of rice.