This year, more than 600 start-ups from 52 different countries took part, more than 12 000 online votes were gathered, and 41 million people reached on social media.
Startup.Info has announced the winners of the “Start-up of the Year 2018 competition” following an awards ceremony which took place in Casablanca at the end of last month.
Following the success of the first edition of “Start-up of the year Africa”, the collaborative start up magazine Startup.Info has reiterated its commitment to supporting African innovation. With the support of major international groups such as OCP, ENGIE, QWANT, FINANCE INNOVATION, PwC, Labs-NS-Avocats, Holmarcom Group, Royal Air Maroc, as well as 70 media and ecosystem partners, Startup.Info launched the 2nd edition of the contest “Start-up of the year Africa”.
The jury of experts of the competition ‘Start-up of the year Africa 2018’ on January 24, 2018 to choose the winners of the following awards:
Start-up of the Year Africa 2018: HydroIQ (Kenya)
Founded by Brian Bosire & Victor Shikoli, HydroIQ is a virtual Water Network Operator. It brings intelligence in water distribution by preventing leakages on the network and automatic (mobile) billing a payment.
The finalists of the competition have been selected by a jury of experts, DGs of big international groups and successful start uppers:
- Selma Bennis, OCP Entrepreneurship Network, Head of Partnership and Finance
- Amine Homman, Regional director, ENGIE North Africa
- Eric Leandri, Chairman, QWANT
- Stéphane Quéré, Director, ENGIE
- Joëlle Durieux, Executive Director, FINANCE INNOVATION
- Kossi Adzo, Founder, Startup.Info
- Bernard Gainnier, Chairman, PwC France and Francophone Africa
- Fortuné Ahoulouma, Lawyer at Paris bar, PhD, LABS-NS AVOCATS
- Noël Albertus, Executive Director, PwC Advisory Maghreb and Francophone Africa
- Kosi Vuti, Executive Director, Midrange Consulting
- Bruno Pennel, CIO, Bernis Investissement
- Cécile Saint Jean, Director, PwC France
- Zouhair Mouhib, Royal Air Maroc, Innovation & Digital partnerships manager
- Mohamed Laraqui, Holmarcom Group, Project Manager
- Cyril Armange, Directeur des Partenariats, FINANCE INNOVATION
The Awards Ceremony has been broadcast live (videos & live tweets) during its entire duration. You can have an overview on Facebook and Twitter pages with the hashtag #StartupAfro
Author: Staff Writer