Ini Edo is among the top actresses in Nollywood (the Nigerian film industry). Her very first film was Thick Madam in 2003.
To celebrate her career, we have shared seven things every fan should know about her.
- Ini Edo hails from Akwa Ibom and has acted since she was a child in church and at school.
- Her full name is Iniobong Edo Ekim and she was born on April 19, 1982.
- Edo is a Theatre Arts graduate of the University of Calabar.
- In 2008 she was married to American-based Nigerian businessman Philip Ehiagwina but the marriage came to an end in 2014.
- In 2013, she was announced as judge for the Miss Black Africa UK Pageant after which the United Nations appointed her as the United Nations Habitat Youth Envoy.
- She is a 2014 GIAMA nominee for best actress, female’s viewers’ choice and best comedic act, also nominated for the bon awards, Nollywood Movies Awards and future awards.
- She is a winner of the 2013 NAFCA award for best supporting actress in the movie Weekend Getaway.
- She began her film career in 2000 and has featured in more than 200 movies since that time.
Author: Gesture Chidhanguro